While it is true that Hollywood is a tight box that suffocates individual vision, it also allows for the expense and crew that can make for a distraction worth watching.
10. The Poseidon Adventure (Neame, 1972) You’re going the wrong way!
9. The Fifth Element (Besson, 1997) Multipass.
8. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Spielberg, 1977) Goofy Golf!
7. Groundhog Day (Ramis, 1993) Stay…stay.
6. Jaws (Spielberg, 1975) Just eats and sleeps and makes little baby sharks.
5. Rocky (Stallone, 1976) Women weaken legs!
4. The Sound of Music (Wise,1965) Nothing comes from nothing.
3. Planes, Trains and Automobiles (Hughes, 1987) You’re going the wrong way! 2. The Wizard of Oz (Fleming, 1939) Surrender Dorothy
1. Cast Away (Zemeckis, 2000) I know you.